A blog can be very exciting, it allows people from all over the world to share our learning and make comments. We need to remember to follow a few simple rules to stay safe and to get the most out of our blog. It is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our pupils when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
1. Never give away any personal information about your location or identity.
2. Don’t post pictures of yourself without specific permission from your teacher or parents.
3. Never give out your log in details to anyone.
4. Don’t use text language in your posts
1. Post about whatever you are learning about in school.
2. If you receive a comment, it is polite to respond, say thank you and reply to a question if they have left one.
3. Comment on other people’s posts too. Blogging is about commenting and posting!
4. If your post doesn’t appear straight away, you teacher might be busy, do be patient.
5. Try to post about things that your audience would like to read.
6. If you see anything that shouldn’t be on your screen, do tell your teacher or parents immediately.
7. Do visit other class blogs regularly to read and comment. This helps people come back to your blog.
8. Try to show off your best work/writing whilst blogging and use the tips people suggest to you to improve.
9. Always tag your posts with key words specific to your post.
We need to make sure we stay safe and responsible when using our school blog! If you have any concerns about the security of the blog then please feel free to have a chat with Mrs Hackett or Mrs Williams